TROP_PODS are brought to you by troppo architects and oscar building systems.
troppo are an internationally acclaimed architectural practice with over 3 decades experience in ‘building remote’ – out bush and in many corners of Australia, the Pacific, and most recently Africa.
troppo maintain offices in Adelaide, Darwin, Fremantle, Launceston, Byron Bay and Sydney. We also practice in Victoria. troppo are one of Australia’s most highly awarded architectural practices and our only Global Sustainable Architecture Award winners. troppo are about common sense, and a new-but-old architecture that fits with climate, and the notion of ecologically sustainable development.
trop-pods are designed for:
- regional, climatically responsive adaptations
- options to suit for solar and breeze orientation for best thermal comfort
- options to suit for water harvesting and stormwater control
- autonomous servicing options inc integration of eco-friendly solar power and hot water, and 'green' waste management systems
- adaptations for site topography and setting - inc for soil and wind conditions, including for cyclonic areas
- wall, window and door systems to suit for local security, privacy, dust and insect issues
- materials and finishes to fit with site context and desired architectural character
- adaptations to suit for local planning and building requirements and Codes
To see more of troppo's Commercial, residential and Rural work please follow this link
trop_pods are able to offer a quality architectural and site-planning service that fits with your site and your needs – and a construction capability that adapts to fit - affordably.
Oscar Building is a 3 generation old family-owned company based centrally to Australia’s highway system in Horsham, Victoria.
Its construction methods are based around invention. Its committed country-based workforce and trades know what ‘tough’ and ‘durable’ really means.
Sustainability is at Oscar's core principles. Their manufacturing facility is solar-powered and they maintain a detailed waste management system.
Oscar has grown from a local furniture manufacturing business – Oscar Furniture – to one of Australia’s last-standing, exporting furniture manufacturers. This DNA ensures high quality finish and a commitment to bespoke fitout work.
Oscar build from Australian-made materials; and are constantly connecting with the latest in green servicing technology and hardware to enable your trop-pod to function on or off-grid. Fixtures and fittings are internationally sourced for best value.
To see more of Oscar Building work please follow this link http://www.oscarfurniture.com.au/